LACF is proud to provide annual grant funding opportunities for nonprofits in our community. See below for details, and click on the links for additional information.
So far in Fiscal Year 2022, LACF awarded a total of $37,943 in funding to nonprofits, including:
- $25,231 in Board-led competitive discretionary grants
- $12,712 in grants from donor-designated and field-of-interest funds
In Fiscal Year 2021, LACF awarded a total of $60,890 in funding to nonprofits, including:
- $27,000 in Board-led competitive discretionary grants
- $22,500 in partnership grants with Newport News Nuclear BWXT Los Alamos
- $11,390 in grants from donor-designated and field-of-interest funds, and other miscellaneous grants
In Fiscal Year 2020, LACF awarded a total of $65,152 in funding to nonprofits, including:
- $60,270 in COVID-19 emergency response funding in partnership with six regional funders
- $2,882 in grants from donor-designated and field-of-interest grants
In Fiscal Year 2019, LACF awarded our first-ever grant in the amount of $433 from our first endowed fund: the Community Endowment for UNM-Los Alamos.
“LACF’s support allowed us to explore a question we’ve been wanting to answer for a long time. Most funders support programs, which is great, but it’s also wonderful to have funders like LACF that will fund solutions to more back-end kinds of problems and questions. Thanks to LACF, we have a clearer idea of why some people don’t visit the nature center and how we can entice them to do so.”
-- Katie Bruell, Executive Director, Pajarito Environmental Education Center
“The grant funding we received from LACF broadens the reach of Los Alamos Makers by formalizing the vocational training we have offered over the years, so that all individuals have access to skills-building opportunities that will help them be self-sufficient lifelong learners and confident in exploring career opportunities”
-- Director Prisca Tiasse, LA Makers