Attracting and Nurturing Volunteers: A Conversation
Diana Martinez, Los Alamos Family YMCA
Todd Nickols, Los Alamos Historical Society
Thursday, October 19, 5-6pm
UNM-LA, Lecture Hall (Bldg 2)
Please join us for this interactive panel discussion, led by leaders of two local organizations with robust volunteer programs. We will discuss the joys (and pains) of engaging the community in our nonprofit efforts. Among the topics we may touch on are:
- How to recruit and retain volunteers for your organization
- Different ways to recognize the work of your volunteers
- Identify resources for developing or strengthening your own volunteer program
- How to engage youth volunteers
- Recruiting volunteers to help with programming
- Preparing for group volunteer activities.
Diana and Todd will begin the discussion with their experiences and insights, but we hope to engage the audience with their questions and comments. Please bring your ideas and questions regarding this lifeblood of any nonprofit organization.
We will post the notes from this session here.