In 2019, the Los Alamos Community Foundation:
- Celebrated the close of our Founding Members giving society (2016-19). We couldn’t be more grateful to the 58 donors who provided startup capital to get the foundation off the ground. Our pledge is to continue to make you proud!
- Announced the start of our next giving society: Community Builders. These donors will strengthen our impact on the community and take the foundation to new heights.
- Kicked off a three-year Enterprise Bank Community Challenge of $50,000 per year, which will result in new unrestricted grant dollars for nonprofits in Los Alamos.
- Received grants from Con Alma Health Foundation, Delle Foundation, Enterprise Bank, LANL Foundation, and Triad National Security to underwrite our work in the community.
- Grew assets under management by more than 60%, from $235,000 to $386,000.
- Invested endowments on behalf of three local nonprofit organizations. These nonprofits receive a steady income stream from their endowments in perpetuity.
- Invested endowments created by Los Alamos donors for the following purposes: Community Endowment for UNM-LA, Endowment for Duane Smith Auditorium, Community Youth Sports Endowment, and the Rosalie Heller Annual Memorial Lecture Endowment.
- Held in-depth workshops for local nonprofits to build capacity towards fulfilling their missions.
- Convened Executive Director Roundtables to facilitate networking and idea-sharing for leaders of our local nonprofit organizations.
Look for us to announce even more exciting new programs in 2020!
Thank you for helping to make our success possible.