What is a Now and Forever Fund?
The Los Alamos Community Foundation is pleased to announce Now and Forever Funds for those who want to make an immediate charitable impact in their community today, while building an endowment that will have a perpetual effect on the community’s needs of tomorrow.
How does it work?
- Create an endowment in your name to benefit a specific 501c3 nonprofit or a general area of need in the community.
- Your permanent, named Now and Forever Fund requires a minimum $25,000 contribution, which can be grown over five years.
- Half of the annual contributions (50%) are available to fund grants each year. The other 50% are added to the endowment.
- As the endowment grows, the dollars available for grantmaking will grow.
- Now and Forever Funds can be created with gifts of cash, securities or other assets, or required minimum distributions (RMDs) and qualified charitable distributions (QCDs) from IRAs.
For more information and ideas on ways to integrate your financial planning with charitable giving, ask your financial or estate advisor and contact Executive Director Rachel Kizielewicz at 505-661-4420 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about the foundation and its work in the community, contact any of LACF’s board members, advisors, or staff.