Opening a Donor Advised Fund allows you to make a gift to the Los Alamos Community Foundation, then remain actively involved in suggesting uses for your gift.
How it works
- You make a gift to the Los Alamos Community Foundation. You can give cash, appreciated stocks, real estate, or other assets.
- We set up a special fund in your name, in the name of your family or business, or in honor of any person or organization you choose.
- You receive tax benefits in the year the gift is made.
- You recommend uses for the fund, working with the LACF to support the causes and organizations you care about most.
- Your recommendations are presented to the LACF Board of Directors for approval.
- We handle all the administrative details and issue grants to charities in the name of the fund you establish. (If you prefer, grants can be made anonymously.)
As with any Foundation fund, you have the option to place your gift into our general endowment. Earnings from your fund are used to make grants addressing community needs. Your gift—and all future earnings from your gift— can be a permanent source of community capital, helping to do good work forever.
Donor Advised Funds are convenient, flexible tools for individuals, families, businesses or groups that want to be personally involved in suggesting grant awards made possible by their gifts. If you have a range of community interests, you may find that it’s an ideal vehicle for fulfilling your charitable wishes. Donor Advised Funds are typically less costly and easier to administer than other forms of philanthropic giving (such as family or corporate foundations).
Your gift can be combined with others to increase its impact, and you can add to the fund you establish at any time, receiving tax benefits with each new gift. You can establish a fund today and make grant recommendations now or in the future. And if you endow your gift, it becomes a permanent community funding resource.
Contact us for details on how to set up a Donor Advised Fund.