Please visit our donation page to give to your community through the Los Alamos Community Foundation.
We Live Here. Let’s Give Here.
The Los Alamos Community Foundation is ready to help transform your passion for giving into greater impact!
Whether you want to support nonprofit organizations making a real difference in daily lives in our community, or make charitable contributions anywhere in the United States or internationally, we can help.
Below are a few of the ways you can participate. For more information and to learn how to integrate your giving choices with your financial planning, please contact us.
Types of funds that we support
Community foundations can support a wide variety of permanent funds:
Designated Funds – Designated funds support specific nonprofit organizations within our community.
Field of Interest Funds – These funds support a general community area of need, but are not restricted to a specific organization.
Donor-Advised Funds – Donor-advised funds permit donors to participate actively in advising the Foundation on donation choices.
Unrestricted Funds – These funds permit the Foundation full flexibility to address the greatest needs in our community.
Ten reasons people choose to give through community foundations:
- We are a local organization with deep roots in the community.
- We work with our local nonprofits and professional financial staff to provide expertise regarding community issues and needs, and solutions.
- We provide highly personalized service tailored to each individual’s charitable and financial interests.
- Our funds help people invest in the causes they care about most.
- We accept a wide variety of assets and can facilitate even the most complex forms of giving.
- We partner with professional advisors to create highly effective approaches to charitable giving.
- We offer maximum tax advantage for most gifts under federal law.
- We multiply the impact of gift dollars by pooling them with other gifts and grants.
- We build endowment funds that benefit the community forever and help create personal legacies.
- We are a community leader, convening agencies and coordinating resources to create positive change.