Internal Controls for Nonprofits: Viable solutions that are easy to apply.
Chris Daniels, Finance Director, Los Alamos Family YMCA
Thursday, February 8, 5-6pm
UNM-LA, Bldg 2, Lecture Hall
Embezzlement and fraud within the nonprofit sector is probably more common and also more preventable than you would think. The damage and effect of fraud can be extensive and community trust hard to regain. By raising your awareness of how it happens and implementing a few simple methods your nonprofit can avoid such a calamity!
In this interactive presentation you will learn about:
- Common ways that embezzlement and or fraud can occur.
- The critical areas where controls are most needed.
- Effective ways to establish internal controls with a limited staff.
- Specific controls that can be applied immediately with minimal effort.
- Examples where controls could have prevented fraud or errors.
Slides from this presentation can be found below:
Internal Controls for Non Profits
Nonprofit training sessions sponsored by Los Alamos Community Foundation are made possible with generous support from UNM-Los Alamos and the LANL Foundation.