LACF Executive Director
The Los Alamos Community Foundation is searching for a highly qualified individual to serve as the Executive Director to lead this growing organization serving the non-profit community of Los Alamos, New Mexico.
The new Executive Director of Los Alamos Community Foundation will have the opportunity to guide the foundation through continued growth and investment in the Los Alamos community. Los Alamos Community Foundation is a six-year-old grantmaking and community-supporting foundation with assets of approximately $1 million, and with thirteen endowed funds under management. The highly engaged board leadership of LACF are a talented and passionate group of individuals committed to improving the quality of life in the community.
About Los Alamos Community Foundation
Located in historic and scenic northern New Mexico, LACF’s mission is to build enduring philanthropy to empower our community’s nonprofit organizations. The foundation envisions a thriving Los Alamos community where philanthropy makes a lasting impact. LACF works with community members to create endowments that benefit a local nonprofit or cause. The foundation invests the endowment principal, ensures prudent funds management, and directs endowment earnings to nonprofits in the community, both to designated beneficiaries and through competitive grant cycles.
Last year, LACF granted out over $50,000 to local nonprofits to build organizational capacity and increase financial sustainability. Each year LACF conducts a nonprofit training program for regional 501c3 organizations, and holds a community philanthropy series for donors and philanthropists. Please visit www.losalamoscf.org for more information.
The Executive Director reports to the LACF President and works closely with the Board of Directors. The foundation employs the Executive Director, as well as part-time administrative support. The Executive Director is responsible for the overall operations of LACF. Priorities include:
- Working with the Board to develop and execute an ongoing strategic direction for LACF that increases its impact in the Los Alamos community through sustainable operations.
- Serving as the outward face of LACF in working with community partners, nonprofit organizations, donors, foundations, corporations, and other constituents.
- Conducting a spring grantmaking cycle, and ensuring impactful and effective grantmaking.
- Increasing LACF’s assets under management, including growing the foundation’s endowments and raising operating funds each year.
- Honing the nonprofit training program to ensure that it continues to meet ongoing needs of local nonprofit organizations.
- Increasing LACF’s organizational visibility and reach to various constituencies in the community through increased marketing and public relations.
- Ensuring prudent funds management through maintaining robust internal controls and by working with the Finance and Investment Committee and Investment Manager(s).
Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
Successful candidates will have:
- Experience that demonstrates the ability to lead an organization
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to build relationships with a wide variety of people and organizations
- Fundraising experience
- A demonstrated ability to develop and manage a budget
- A passion for the power of philanthropy and the social sector
- Core values that include integrity, humility, self-awareness, and a willingness to learn and grow
Please submit the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A resume or other summary of qualifications and experience.
- A personal statement that addresses your commitment to philanthropy and your interest in this organization.
For best consideration, information should be received by March 1, 2022.
Questions can be directed to email@example.com.
LACF does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity, or sexual orientation. The position will remain open until filled.