A community foundation is a tax-exempt, non-profit, publicly supported philanthropic organization with the long-term goal of building permanent, named funds, for the broad-based public benefit of the residents in a given area.
Ten reasons people choose to give through community foundations:
- We’re a local organization with deep roots in the community.
- Our staff has expert knowledge of community issues and needs.
- We provide personal service to meet your charitable and financial goals.
- We help people invest in local causes they most care about.
- We accept a variety of assets and can facilitate complex forms of giving.
- We partner with professional advisors to ensure effective approaches to giving.
- We offer maximum tax advantage for most gifts under federal law.
- We multiply the impact of gift dollars by pooling them with other gifts and grants.
- We build endowment funds that benefit the community forever and help create personal legacies.
- We are a community leader, convening agencies and coordinating resources to create positive change.